Welcome. This website is dedicated to Joseph E. Davis‘ career, philanthropy efforts, and family.
- Graduated from Caltech with a Ph.D. in Aeronautics.
- Worked in the Aerospace industry for nearly 10 years after college, before being involved in a Disk Drive startup that revolutionized data storage
- Subsequently worked in the disk drive industry for 20 years and telecommunications industry for nearly 9.
- In that span, co-founded 3 companies, Capella Subsystems, Quinta Corp, and Iota Memories who were sold to larger firms such as Syquest, Seagate, and Alcatel-Lucent
- Currently holds 35 U.S./Foriegn patents in the fields of optics, disk drives, and biomedical.
- In his retirement, he has dedicated his time and energy towards giving back to his Bay Area community.
- Hobbies include hiking, traveling, photography, and golf.